Access Control Officer ( 12 Hour Shifts) - Hinkley Point C Bridgwater, United Kingdom 14.55 hourly
Access Control Officer ( 12 Hour Shifts) - Hinkley Point CLocation: Bridgwater, United Kingdom | Salary: 14.55 hourly | Posted: 4 Aug 2022 | Closes: 19 Aug 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 914
Working on our prestigious Hinkley Point C contract, our uniformed Access Control Officers are key members of the security team. They are tasked with enabling access for the thousands of workers employed across the HPC project by the control, issue and receipt of access control passes.
Their primary tasks are to deliver front of house reception, administration and customer service duties to support the project and enable both site pass holders and visitors to gain access to the main HPC site.
This is primarily an administrative, customer facing, reception role with the operation of security and visitor management IT systems. By the nature of their activities, Access Control Officers will require an SIA licence in order to effectively deliver this function (funding is available to the successful candidate)..
The Access Control Officer is a duty role that is required to provide 24 hour Access Control coverage across the HPC project, therefore applicants must be prepared to work 12 hour shifts rotating through days and nights
Location: EDF Hinkley Point C Nuclear New Build, Wickmore Drove, Nr Bridgwater, Somerset, TA10 1UF
Reporting relationships: Internal Access Control Lead, Access Control Supervisor
Pay: £14.55 per hour
Weekly Hours: 42 hours per week, 12 hour shifts, rotating through 4 on 4 off, days and nights.
Remuneration package: Permanent Contract, 308 hours (25.6 days per year), G4S National Pension Scheme, Dell, Vodafone and O2 discounts, Perks at work (national discount scheme), Aviva car, home and travel insurance discount, Health Saturday Fund (health cash back scheme for you and your family), Full funding for SIA Licence training course.
- Key enabler of access to the site and associated developments
- Front of House Reception duties – leader of customer excellence
- Issue and receipt of Site Access Control passes to HPC workers and visitors
- Operate and oversee various IT systems including the Visitor Management and Access Control Systems
- Operate identification systems to enable access
- Assist contractors at HPC with access enquiries
- Administration duties as required and support to Access Control Lead and Supervisor
- Monitor and deliver service level requirements as per KPI’s
- General office duties as required
Skills and Competencies
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload, prioritise and manage time
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Customer Focused
- A good standard of education in Maths, English and IT.
- Prior experience of working within a busy office environment and under pressure
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of all MS Office packages
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises.
Specific occupational requirements
- SIA Licence
- Ability to pass and hold National Security Clearance Vetting
Please ensure you attach a CV and Covering Letter to your application
Jobs that might be of interest: