Access Control Coordinator Ashburn, Virginia $18.74
Access Control CoordinatorLocation: Ashburn, Virginia | Salary: $18.74 | Posted: 8 Feb 2019 | Closes: 8 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Access Control Coordinator (ACC) . As an Access Control Coordinator, you will leverage to gain a deeper understanding of the client's access management processes and systems. They will assist with problem solving and enabling the site team to obtain the most appropriate access for their visitors/workers.
The ACC role requires a strong technical aptitude, SOC system access, working knowledge of SOC operations, direct communication and coordination with Operators to schedule changes based on escort requirements. However, the ACC is designed to be a direct site support role and is required to be based in the admin space of the lead data center building for ease of accessibility for the site team.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Develop a strong understanding of client’s Access Control Policies/Procedures, Vendor Onboarding processes and access management resources
- Possess a deep understanding of client’s access management systems
- Work directly with onsite teams to help navigate access management challenges based on existing policies and procedures
- Work with Data Center Security Manager and Data Center Security Operations Manager to troubleshoot access management challenges
- Attend applicable client meetings to provide input on access control polices/procedures and work with Physical Security team to allocate future escorts as needed
- Host site level access management training for the site team using the following cadence:
- As needed for new personnel
- Monthly refresher for all site personnel who wish to attend
- Assist with facilitating access approval training twice per year
- Maintain open communications with outside lead vendors to ensure that access control policies are being met during site projects
- Create and manage a site level Access Management feedback @Work group page
- Create and manage site wide clearance changes.
- Role based/ Spaced based clearance changes (to align with current access control approver policy)
- Clearance changes associated with individual spaces
- Provide access management oversight for site lobbies and gates to ensure officers are trained and aligned on current polices/procedures and systems
- Maintain constant communication with the SOC regarding any access control changes site wide
- Manage all physical badging site wide.
- Create physical badges for new hires after Pro-Unlimited has processed the onboarding account.
- Process replacement badges for damaged, Lost or stolen badges.
- Process Physical badges for terminated employees
Provide metrics and reporting to include but not limited to:
- Weekly visitor outlook
- Expected visitors (badged/non-badged)
- Report visitor numbers to culinary
- Access management system issues
- Tasks metrics
- Escort metrics
- On-boarding/Off-boarding data
- Key Management metrics (key checkout)
- Weekly visitor outlook
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable state licensing requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in protective service, business or related field
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) in criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- 2 years of verifiable data center security experience
- 3 years of verifiable private/corporate security experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor with minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures
Major activity: Sitting, standing, speaking listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Sitting, and standing. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Scheduling Manager
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Apply now Bank Supervisor
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Apply now Security Site Supervisor
Location: Sterling, Virginia
Apply now Security Technician III
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Apply now Security - Upscale Officer
Location: Ashburn, Virginia