Absence Management Coordinator (12-month contract) Richmond, BC Competitive
Absence Management Coordinator (12-month contract)Location: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 30 Apr 2019 | Closes: 30 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/154415
Absence Management Coordinator
Are you looking for a challenging position in a dynamic industry? G4S Aviation Division at YVR is currently hiring for an enthusiastic professional to fill the key role of Absence Management Coordinator as part of the growing HR Department and to support the Screening Officers at YVR. You will make a difference in helping ensure the safety of over 25 million airline passengers! Our industry is a fast-paced, exciting environment where your innovation and creativity are needed. Come join a world-class Company and join an exciting Division!
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources YVR, the Absence Management Coordinator will utilize specialized knowledge and experience for supporting and facilitating return to work planning services; oversee all non-work related medical accommodations, leaves and restrictions; oversee the case management of long-term absences; and perform administrative duties and tasks related to the Attendance Management Program (AMP). They will support the Operations Management team as needed for AMP, and specifically will work in coordination with the HR Generalists to provide support to the planning and implementation of workplace accommodations, early and safe return to work, and attendance promotion processes reducing time loss and improving productivity. This is an entry-level Disability Management role.
This is a 12-month contract position located at the Vancouver International Airport.
- Provide support to the planning and implementation of workplace accommodations
- Support and advise the management team on modified agreements and supporting the Screening Officers through the return to work and accommodations process.
- Monitor and track all return to work plans, accommodations, ensure updates are provided and progress is being made accordingly.
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC), credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Diploma in Human Resources, Health and Safety or Disability Management preferred or equivalent relevant experience or minimally student of recognized formal disability management education program.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements.
- Attain and maintain the appropriate level of Federal and Transport Canada Security Clearance.
- Superior customer service orientation
- Good decision-making and analytical skills
- Exhibits confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions, delivers screening services in Vancouver International Airport and 20 other airports in BC and the Yukon Territory, in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.