Security Site Supervisor (Elkhorn, WI)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $15.00 - $15.00
G4S Region: North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
Closing Date: April 15, 2017
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an experienced supervisor with a background in security. As a Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for the professional operation, administration, profitability, and quality assurance of uniformed services for a client's site.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Oversee that all aspects of the security function on-site is performed in a diligent manner (staffing, scheduling, and on-site training all G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. personnel assigned to his/her site).
- Ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met.
- Maintain overtime to a preset requirement designated by G4S.
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel assigned to his/her site.
- Perform other operations related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, issue uniforms, coordinate fleet vehicles, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders).
- Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision.
- Respond to client requests.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must successfully complete a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must have one or more of the following:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor's degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate's degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must submit to a pre-employment drug test
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; driving; standing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/