CIT Crew: G4S Cash Solutions South Africa
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Cash Operations
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market related
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Cash Solutions
Closing Date: April 25, 2017
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a CIT Crew member based at our operations in Pretoria.
Reporting to the Radio Controller/ Planner, this role is responsible for collecting and delivering valuables of clients.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Loading of trucks destined for clients
- Collect firearm and kit from armoury
- Sign firearm and kit register
- Check CPC if in working condition
- Inside closed loading bay scan consignment and sign consignment receipt received from boxroom
- Print your E viper receipt - boxroom personnel to sign
Deliver money to clients
- Delivery – open safe – open cpc – place bag in cpc
- Client site – chip cpc – scan bags – print e viper receipt client to sign
- Collection – scan bags – print two E Viper receipts
- Sign and exchange receipts
Deliver consignment to box room
- You may collect consignment from clients or bank.
- Count number of bags.
- Print onboard receipt then handover consignment, receipt, scanner and keys to box room
- Sign boxroom handover receipt and boxroom personnel to sign your E Viper receipt.
- Tidy up the truck
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 (Mathematics/Accounting is an added advantage)
- Drivers License
- PSIRA Grades
- CIT Experience
- Location of clients
- Scheduling procedures
- Cit procedures
- Knowledge of G4S standard operating procedures
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Health and Safety legislation
- Computer literate - ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Sharing and cooperating
- Customer Thinking
- Leading people
- Customer Service and liaison
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Delivering great customer service
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.