Upscale Security Officer Flex FT (Glens Falls, NY)
Number of Positions: 2
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $12.00 - $12.00
G4S Region: North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
Closing Date: April 20, 2017
Upscale Security Officers Willing to Work
Flexible Schedules Needed!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Upscale Security Flex Officer. As an Upscale Security Flex Officer, you will perform general security duties in the protection of persons and property and the enforcement of all applicable policies, rules, and regulations of the client. The Flex Officer will work at various assignments and may be called upon to work irregular shifts at times with little to no advance notice.
The Upscale Security Flex Officer will also work at various assignments and may be called upon to work irregular shifts at times with little to no advance notice to cover call offs, vacation leaves, and/or extra coverage requests. You may also perform other duties as specified in post orders.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
- Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
- Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
- Meaningful and verifiable work history
- Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and respond to work assignments with little to no advance notice
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must possess demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/