Site Security Manager
Number of Positions: 4
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: September 4, 2012
G4S Risk Management is the specialist protective security and consulting arm of G4S plc, the world’s leading international security solutions group and a FTSE 100 listed company. It builds on the comprehensive experience and the global expertise of G4S, with its 600,000 employees and an annual turnover in excess of £5 billion. G4S Risk Management provides a range of services for clients operating in complex or sensitive environments.
G4S Risk Management’s primary focus is to provide national governments, multinational corporations and international peace and security agencies operating in hostile or sensitive environments with:
- Protective security services
- Risk advisory and consultancy services
- Specialist training
- Mine action services including Weapons Reduction and Explosive Ordnance Management
- Development and reconstruction services.
The individual is responsible for management of the security of the allocated site within the parameters of the contract as directed by the Operations Manager Shell. They are to help facilitate the smooth running of the project by applying sound managerial principles and judgement at all times.
- The SSI South HQ is based at Energy City, Bergesia.
- The SSI South Management Team is furnished by highly experienced personnel who have in-depth knowledge of the O&G industry.
- SSI aim to deliver integrated security and secure logistic solutions to Exploration and Production Companies, International Oil Companies and National Oil Companies (E&Ps/IOCs/NOCs), oilfield service companies (OSCs) and associated contractors.
- The Site Manager will be located at the one of the Shell Sites at either CPF, Pioneer or Karama.
- The project consists of a large number of local national individuals working in a small team environment.
- The Supporting infrastructure comprises administration, logistics, management and operations staff.
- Varying life support systems are in place, which will be site specific.
- The rotation is 9:3.
- Command and control of the day to day management of the teams as directed by the Ops Manager.
- Conduct regular security and Health and Safety surveys to ensure that contracted manning and deliverables are being adhered to.
- Ensure that G4S Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed at all times.
- Conduct training and briefing of new personnel as directed by the Ops Manager.
- Assist the Ops Manager to monitor and implement project SOPs for the Project.
- Provide the Ops Manager with support as needed in all operational areas.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Create and execute mission work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements using his management team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions to the Ops Manager.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations and mentor all personnel through formal channels as directed by the Ops Manager.
- Ensure all incidents and accident reports are completed as per SOPs, and ensure this is done to a high standard within set timelines.
- This list is not exhaustive.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualifications in English and Mathematics or Military education equivalent.
- Successfully completed a recognised formal close protection course.
- Qualified in First Aid and Basic Trauma Management, FPOS preferable.
- Recognised health and safety qualification
- Arabic language qualifications are desirable
- Project Management qualifications are desirable e.g. Prince 2
- Professional Security Management qualifications would be a bonus
- Commercial Static Security Management experience in Iraq of a minimum of 2 years
- 10 years previous military service in Western Armed Forces reaching the rank of SNCO
- Experience in the training and management of multi-national personnel
- Experience managing large number of employees
- Military or Commercial Training experience