Shared Services Administrator (San Francisco, California)
Number of Positions: 3
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $21 - $21
G4S Region: North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
Closing Date: May 19, 2017
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Shared Services Administrator. As a Shared Services Administrator, you will be responsible for the administration of the recruiting, payroll and billing function for the area/branch offices. This includes administering and maintaining office financial information, procedures, policies, and day-to-day management of office administration. This position will effectively communicate with employees, field management, customers and vendors, and work closely with the management support team and to ensure ongoing contract compliance.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Function
- Direct supervision of administrative personnel
- Ensure accurate entry and posting of weekly labor and non-labor items into payroll system
- Research and review payroll discrepancies and submit corrections via Human Resources Information System (HRIS) as applicable
- Run weekly reports to ensure proper validation of payroll, to include audit of weekly hours, overtime pay, non-labor items and non-billable hours
- Audit pay rates, bill rates, non-labor billing and other items relating to contract requirements
- Manage all vendor payments, office purchase orders, order office supplies and equipment
- Create and manage customer job information in both client files and via PeopleSoft
- Audit vendor invoices; ensure proper coding of account and vendor information; ensure appropriate levels of approval for the amount of the expenditure
- Manage and collect any past due invoices
- Assist other departments on special projects or as needed
- Assist and Support recruitment and personnel administrative functions
- Other tasks as directed by management
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years of direct payroll experience
- Prior management or supervisory experience in office administration, recruitment or related field
- Work history must include demonstration of each of the following:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and in automated payroll applications such as the PeopleSoft Human Resources
- Knowledge of and experience with time and attendance tracking
- Excellent skills in mathematics, reading comprehension, and oral and written communication
- Working knowledge of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other employment related laws
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must submit to a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected.
Major activity: Telephone use, working on a computer while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting, minimal stooping or kneeling is required.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/