Senior Cashier - Woking
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Cash Operations
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £23,174 London Weighting Included
G4S Region: Cash Division
G4S Business Unit:UK Cash
Closing Date: February 8, 2011
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers for 2010. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As the UK's leading provider of integrated cash handling services, we transport, store and process cash for a wide range of customers. To meet the challenges ahead, it's essential that we're supported by people who share our values – including our commitment to keeping our company performing to the highest standards.
Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the audit trial into, within and out of the Processing department at all times. Working within Company procedural guidelines, to ensure high quality of service is constantly maintained, with optimum efficiency. To supervise cashiers in the department and to manage the workflow within the department in line with expected productivity and timelines. To maintain a standard of cleanliness and organisation (following the 5S principles) on the shop floor with all staff, regardless of cleaners.
Team Work and Collaboration
• Communicate effectively with internal suppliers and customers (e.g. vault) to ensure cash is supplied & taken in a controlled and efficient manner.
• Liaise and communicate with other areas to assure the smooth running of the area.
• Conduct training of new cashiers and give ongoing training as necessary.
• The ability to substitute for the Section Manager when required.
• Monitor, publish and communicate processing rates on an hourly basis if required.
• Assure high standards of housekeeping and adherence to work wear policies.
• Ensure timely and full completion of all supporting documentation.
• Manage a team of cashiers to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Assure all Company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure a full audit trail is maintained for values transferred to and from the area.
• Verify discrepancy claims paperwork and supporting documentation.
• Verify unclaimable losses and investigate potential causes.
• Ensure productivity targets are understood and challenge any underperformance.
• Proactive input to productivity gains and waste elimination opportunities.
• Ensure optimum workflow to individual cashiers to maximise efficiency.
• Assure the area is kept clean (5S) and free of hazards and Health & Safety issues are reported.
• Ensure documentation to support effective handover between shifts.
• Ensure audit compliance.
• Investigate and report on equipment faults to assure timely rectification action.
• Authorise any discrepancies and ensure adequate investigation and documentation.
• Be responsible for adherence to the audit requirements and the correction of any failures/shortfalls in score in a structured format.
• Ensure all funds held are secured and there is full identification of these at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to motivate and influence others.
• Good team player.
• Competent in training others
• Proactive approach and ability to use own initiative.
• Previous work experience in cashier/cash handling role or production environment.
• Working knowledge of cash processes and equipment.
• Supervisory experience or demonstrate leadership qualities.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend an interview in Woking at their own expense.