Number of Positions: 150
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £1,500 - £1,600
G4S Region: UK, Ireland and Africa
G4S Business Unit:Region
Closing Date: July 10, 2012
G4S is the world's leading security solutions group, which specializes in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has an additional stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and more than 635,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 110 000 people on the continent. At G4S Africa, our vision is to be recognized as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognize and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organization which is defined by its values, which are:
- Customer Focus
- Best People
- Collaboration & Teamwork
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values.G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
- Provide protective security at various G4S customer sites in line with established operating procedures for each site
- To ensure proper access and egress control as per the requirements of the customer at each site
- Ensure proper documentation of site occurrence book and handover notes at all times in line with established procedure
- To ensure that in the event of an incident, a report is escalated immediately to the relevant authorities and all necessary measures taken to preserve evidence
- Provide immediate and accurate feedback regarding site incidents and occurrences and make initial incident reports
- Any other duties as may be varied from time to time depending on the requirements of each particular assignment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have attained the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent
- Be literate to the extent of reading and understanding printed regulations, detailed assignment instructions, training instructions and be able to compose reports that convey complete information
- Be able to demonstrate that he/she has no past criminal record by producing the Kenya Police Certificate of Good Conduct
- Be physically fit and of reasonable height desirable for the role of a Security Officer
- Be able to produce a minimum of two referees letters from traceable referees who will be contacted as part of our new employee screening process
- Be the holder of a Kenyan National ID Card which is not defaced in any way
- Be of a minimum age of 26 years