Sales Executive MSS (Bloemfontein) - G4S Secure Solutions - South Africa
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Sales/Retail/Business Development
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive market related package
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Secure Solutions
Closing Date: April 20, 2017
Sales Executive (Manned Guarding)
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Sales Executive (MSS) based at our offices in Bloemfontein.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the key purpose of this role is the development and growth of the guarding business in a specific geographical area.
Effective compilation of sales quotations and tender documentation in the region in compliance with business strategy
- Effective application and control of company selling price list as per mark-up margins in line with sales strategy.
- Finalize and accept customer quotations
- Effective management of company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit sales proposals and tenders to prospective customers.
- Liaise with National Bid team on quality and consistency of sales tenders/bids
Effective development of new business in line with sales targets
- Ensure effective development of sales of new and existing product lines
- Identification of potential new business opportunities for security solutions through consultation and cooperation with operational management and Sales Manager with planned prospecting, leads, cold calling, tender notices.
- Arrange and conduct meetings with new and existing business prospects where appropriate, to market G4S integrated security solutions.
- Conduct / arrange site surveys to identify risks and develop appropriate solution to do system design in order to meet customer needs.
- Conduct competitor evaluations to identify risks and develop appropriate solutions through thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region. Liaise with operations on competitor analysis to share knowledge and focus on viable business opportunities.
- Reach and achieve sales targets, focusing on high margin business, and developing business near operational centers
Effective performance and reporting of sales and administrative activities and functions
- Preparation and submission of weekly sales call sheet report:
- Signed business
- Ensure that a customer file is maintained
- Ensure effective maintenance of the Sales system updating quotation information, leads and prospects
Customer Retention and corporate account management
- Monitor relationship with designated top customers, scheduling regular visits to ascertain customer satisfaction
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys
- Achieve customer retention targets and KPIs
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a professional sales environment (industry related experience advantageous or essential or recommended) with a proven track record of closing deals and achieving targets
- Experienced in dealing with senior executives.
- Previous experience in Manned Guarding will be advantageous.
- A capable communicator with good English language skills
- Experience in long sales cycles essential
- Demonstrated ability to deal with high profile individuals
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of project management and be able to formulate accurate proposals/tenders from start to finish (Essential)
- History of successful execution.
- Experience in Business Development essential
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Awareness of the market environment
- Driving delivery
- Customer thinking
- Professional credibility
- Delivering objectives
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 30 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Customer Focus
- Best People
- Collaboration & Teamwork
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.