Number of Positions: 3
Job Category: Facilities Management
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £40,000 - £47,500
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: May 5, 2017
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to be based in our Worksop, Sheffield office.
G4S Facilities Management improves the lives of thousands of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. At G4S we are used to working in critical and secure environments. Our expertise in sectors such as defence, prisons, courts and hospitals is second to none. This expertise also reassures our clients in education, banking and utilities, where they welcome our extra vigilance when maintaining and operating their buildings.
G4S have been established for over 100 years, operate in 120 countries, globally and employ 640K people. The opportunities for development and growth within such a vast company are extraordinary.
The Quantity Surveyor will provide commercial support to the projects function as well as driving and supporting project teams whilst ensuring the
Reporting to the Project Manager and Commercial Manager the key responsibilities include:
- Understanding the requirements of what the project requires using previous experience and using this knowledge to lead on project work, whilst being responsible for channels of communication with subcontractors and the client
- Controlling the financial spend of project work by assessing the requirements of the role and then organising all stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of the project on time and on budget
- Managing the financial risk of project work for the client by using previous knowledge to advise the client on how best to spend their budget
- Owning and managing the tender process to ensure value for money is achieved for the client, liaising with the client to ensure value for money on projects and budgets.
- Management of supplier accounts - application/certification/payment
- Recording/presenting commercial information to finance team to allow accurate forecasting/records
- Contractual performance and commercial service reporting
- Attend client meetings and act as client liaison
- Ensuring that suitable controls for supply chain expenditure are in place
- Assisting in the review of contracts with operational staff to highlight shortfalls and cost overruns.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a Quantity Surveying role, preferably in the FM industry. They will possess commercial and contractual awareness as well as an understanding of Engineering and Building services. The ideal candidate will be self-disciplined with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.