Operational First Line Manager - HMP Featherstone 2
Number of Positions: 52
Job Category: Custodial
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £23000 - £26000
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: September 16, 2011
We are looking for operational First Line Managers to be become part of the exciting new G4S development at HMP Featherstone II.
You will be responsible for a team of Prisoner Custody Officers and your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the management of the day to day requirements for your relevant team to meet operational needs.
- Contribute to the reducing re-offending agenda by engaging effectively with offenders.
- Communicate with key stakeholders, internally & externally, to ensure an effective service is delivered.
- Assist in the achievement of the relevant KPI’s to ensure the establishment attains high performing status.
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- Coach and support employees to maximise their performance; ensuring values, ethical standards including equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
The Ideal Candidate:
A knowledge of prison policies and procedures would be advantageous, however full training will be provided.