Manned Security Services Manager - G4S Lebanon
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Line Management
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Asia and Middle East
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: June 25, 2013
An opportunity has arisen for a visionary manager to drive the growth of our Manned Security Services business in Lebanon. G4S Lebanon provides Manned Security, Security Systems and Cash Services. The business was established in 2005 and currently employs over 500 employees throughout Lebanon with a revenue portfolio of GBP 5 million.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working with the country’s senior management team, the MSS Manager will be responsible for providing strategic direction and supporting the senior team members in meeting their individual business unit’s targets.
This role is responsible for the overall management of the Manned Security Services business unit; generation of enquiries, development of new business opportunities, ensure delivery of services to customers, high level of customer satisfaction as well as management of the day to day operation of security personnel. The MSS Division Manager will have a strong relationship with his operations team. The incumbent is responsible for:
- Sales & Marketing: Development of new opportunities, identify and target business growth areas, monitor enquiries and proposals, initiate sales meetings and review strategies. Keep abreast of competitor activities.
- Operations: Monitor deployments and ensure these are in line with contractual requirements. Develop site instructions and carry out quality and night checks. Preparation of monthly and incident reports. Investigate incidents and ensure relevant equipment is functioning and updated. Carry out site surveys prior to submission of proposals.
- HR & Training: Ensure on site, on the job, induction, refresher and all special trainings are organized with the Training Manager and completed. Ensure security officers have received adequate training and training is planned / scheduled with the Training / HR Department. Ensure security officers maintain discipline and adhere to the company’s disciplinary policy. Address employee grievances in liaison with the HR department.
- Finance: Manage, control and approve expenses. Ensure collections against monthly services are carried out effectively and follow up on any old outstanding. Participate in price increase exercise as/when required.
- Sales & Customer Relations: Meet clients regularly and address complaints relating to service levels, billing etc. Develop contacts with the aim of improving business performance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to degree level / management or equivalent.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from different background. Should have the ability to influence others and strong creative problem solving skills.
- Good written skills – must be able to prepare various reports
- Previous experience management security operations /manned guarding operations and must have the ability to inspire and manage employees professionally and being sensitive to customer needs.
- Proven experience in conducting site surveys.
- Highly organised with an excellent ability to plan ahead and manage complexity and multiple projects under pressure.
- Strong performance manager with drive and enthusiasm to succeed as part of a team and deliver outstanding results. An ability to motivate others to be successful.
- A team player with a willingness to operate in a spirit of partnership and collaboration.
- Highly conscientious and self-motivated with a flexible approach to demands of the role.
- Strong ethical and professional values