Managing Director, Djibouti
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Strategic Management
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Asia and Middle East
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: December 7, 2012
An opportunity has arisen for a visionary manager and professional to drive the growth of our business in Djibouti which provides Security Services, Manned Security, and Security Systems.
The business was established in 2004 and currently employs more than 1300 staff nation-wide, which are trained extensively in providing world-class service and security expertise to all of our clients. We are committed to building strong relationships and working in partnership with our customers to parallel their ever-changing needs.
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director, and working with the country’s management team, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction and ensuring the profitability of the businesses. This would include the achievement of operational and financial growth of the business, human resources management as well as sales, marketing and business development.
- Identify, develop and direct implementation of business strategy.
- Plan and direct the organization’s activities to achieve targets and standards for financial and trading performance, service quality, culture and compliance with G4S internal standards and local legislative requirements.
- Plan, prepare and monitor the business plan and budget so as to maximize profitability.
- Identify and initiate strategies that will add growth to the business to ensure its long term profitability and survival.
- Ensure budget performance, by ensuring sustainable organic growth, improvement of margins, dynamic overheads control and achieving PBITA
- Develop new and improve current commercial and operational procedures and constantly improve the overall business and functional efficiency
- Recruit, select, and develop Senior Management team members.
- Direct functions and performance via the executive team.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Maintain close contact with the workforce through key managers to ensure feedback opportunities, the maintenance of good morale and a high standard of staff integrity and honesty.
- Manage and ensure excellent customer relations and thereby establish long term partnerships.
- Provide positive leadership within the business, directing all functions through the executive team and ensuring healthy relations with the workforce to ensure good morale and a high standard of integrity.
- Report to Regional Managing Director on organizational plans and performance.
The Ideal Candidate:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor Degree or MBA level; preferably in a business, finance, and operations or marketing discipline.
- Minimum 5 -7 years of experience in managing business of relevant size – preferably within a service industry.
- Customer-facing and sales-orientated, allied to strong operational discipline, with responsibility for driving the business in a fresh and innovative direction.
- An ability to develop long term strategic relationships with stakeholders in government, military, commercial and labour organizations and other stakeholder institutions.
- Experience in establishing medium-term growth strategies and strong operating mechanisms for performance.
- Autonomous and results orientated, with a clear determination to succeed.
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, marketing and negotiation skills.
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French. Arabic helpful.
- The ability to operate in diverse cultural environments.