Manager, Strategic Account Operations PETRO CHEM (Houston, TX)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
Closing Date: April 30, 2017
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Manager, Strategic Account Operations. This Manager, Strategic Account Operations will manage security for a large chemical company. They are expected to motivate and lead direct and indirect reports who are technically proficient, understand the expectations of security responsibilities and needs of a chemical company, and responsive to business needs specific to the client. They will develop, influence and nurture trust-based relationships with business unit and function leaders. They will play a key role in business processes to mitigate security and safety risks and is a positive change agent on behalf of organizational protection. They are responsible for the operations, and profitability of all physical and safety security services within this assigned Security Solutions' account. This position coordinates the day-to-day administration and specialized reporting functions to ensure quality customer relations. They will create reports, analyzed, and provided as needed per client contract and company policies.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Associates Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Safety Management, Environmental, Health and Safety, Business Administration or equivalent area of study
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience working in security environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a security contract or corporate security account in a multi-location Petroleum, Chemical environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience in safety management and/or compliance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Certified, or ability to become certified, as a Chemical-terrorism Vulnerability Information Authorized User (issued by DHS)
- Prior work experience executing and/or leading an on-site incident response
- Work history must include demonstration of the following:
- Ability to conceptualize, communicate, plan, promote/influence, implement and manage security-related initiatives
- Expertise in a broad range of security areas of concern to include personnel security, risk assessment methodology, physical security, investigations, control of regulated products
- Ability to assess the security risks and have knowledge and experience in implementing a protection strategy to include awareness and training
- Ability to advise sites and facilities on incident management plan development and maintenance to include training
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must possess a high level of business acumen
- Must be able to work effectively amidst paradox and ambiguity in a matrix organization
- Must had an understanding of the application of budgeting/allocation processes
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; speaking on telephone
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/