Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Health and Safety
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £48,000 - £50,000
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: May 15, 2017
We are actively seeking to recruit a Health, Safety and Compliance Manager PFI, supporting PFI Contracts across the Oxford and London region. This role can be based at either office and home working is a possibility.
G4S Facilities Management improves the lives of thousands of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. At G4S we are used to working in critical and secure environments. Our expertise in sectors such as defence, prisons, courts and hospitals is second to none. This expertise also reassures our clients in education, banking and utilities, where they welcome our extra vigilance when maintaining and operating their buildings.
G4S have been established for over 100 years, operate in 120 countries, globally and employ 640K people. The opportunities for development and growth within such a vast company are extraordinary.
Reporting to the FM Director PFI the Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will provide professional support including advice and training to a diverse business on all aspects of compliance and Health and Safety. They will be responsible for driving compliance initiatives that support the development of a comprehensive safety culture where everyone takes personal responsibility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updating relevant Compliance and H&S related policies, procedures and tools to enable the business to deliver a compliant and safe service consistently across all PFI projects
- Ensuring systems are aligned to Quality Management Systems, in order to maintain and gain appropriate certifications
- Supporting all levels of the business in meeting relevant requirements through advice, training and the development of clearly understood processes
- Providing agreed reports on H&S and Compliance performance within deadlines
- Supporting the practical implementation of H&S and Compliance activities, ensuring an appropriate audit programme is developed and delivered to provide assurance
- Supporting operational teams, Project Managers and Procurement from a Compliance/H&S perspective
- Liaising with relevant Enforcing Authorities
- Embedding the G4S framework for business continuity and crisis management.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have extensive Compliance / H&S experience in a Facilities Management/ construction environment as well as a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. They will possess a formal audit qualification and will have experience in designing and running training programmes. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, excellent IT skills and will be experienced in report development and writing.