HR Director - Risk Management
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Strategic Management
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Signficant package and benefits
G4S Region: UK, Ireland and Africa
G4S Business Unit:UK - Risk Management
Closing Date: September 30, 2011
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group. G4S operate in more than 120 countries with over 625,000 employees worldwide. The group generates a turnover of over £7 billion and is the largest employer on the London Stock Exchange.
G4S organises itself into four geographical regions. G4S UK & Africa Region consists of 8 businesses including G4S Risk Management.
Risk Management is a leading provider of risk mitigation and secure support services to governments, nongovernmental organisations and businesses. G4S Risk Management offers a range of services, including: secure logistics, accommodation and life support in hostile environments, close protection, ordnance management, risk consulting, crisis management, homeland security and defence training and development. G4S Risk Management currently delivers services in the UK, Iraq, Afghanistan, Mozambique and Sudan. We enable organisations to operate safely and securely, wherever they are in the world. The business employs over 4,300 employees and generated £152 million revenue in 2010.
With six operating businesses spanning five countries, Risk Management is seeking an experienced strategic HR Director. Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the role provides opportunity to input into the strategic roadmap of the business as well as provide outstanding functional leadership to ensure the HR strategy enables the Risk Management business deliver its objectives in very challenging environments.
Main Purpose of Job
To provide outstanding functional leadership to ensure the development and delivery of an HR strategy which will enable the Risk Management business to deliver its objectives in very challenging environments.
- To contribute fully as a member of the Risk Management Senior Exec team.
- To work effectively with HR colleagues across the Risk Management business.
- To contribute as appropriate to the wider G4S UK & I HR strategy and plans
- To drive the succession and talent management process to ensure that the Company’s best people are identified, developed and moved into key roles.
- To ensure that the Company’s organisational design enables performance improvement.
- To provide support for the business on compensation and benefits including pension provision, payroll provision and other benefits structures and most critically a framework and expertise on international employment and ex pat compensation & benefits.
- To provide crisis management skills, notification of casualty experience and bereavement management awareness.
- To abide by and promote governance in difficult environments, taking account of G4S values and legislation, including the recent UK Bribery Act.
- To work collaboratively with G4S International Employment Services to deliver HR service provision as specified in the technical services agreement
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to degree Level. Qualified Member of HR group. (e.g. CIPD in UK)
- Senior level human resource management experience and track record in customer facing multi site operation, ideally in a global/multi national environment.
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations, high level of maturity and highly resilient.
- Experience of interaction with / high degree of empathy with armed services personnel.
- Expertise in international employment frameworks particularly in countries with low infrastructure or challenging environments e.g Middle East, Africa or South America.
- Willingness and ability to travel to challenging environments, eg Iraq.
- Highly culturally aware with a strong understanding of managing a diverse work force
- Evidence of being ‘at the table’ in relation to strategic debate.
- Commercially focussed
- Highly proactive
- Strong people management skills
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work both strategically and operationally