Global Security Operations Center Manager (Los Angeles, CA)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $120000 - $0
G4S Region: Americas
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: April 4, 2013
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an experienced Global Security Operations Center Manager with a strong background in security and communications technology. This position has high visibility and is directly accountable for the effective and efficient management of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) and its operators. The GSOC Manager will manage day-to-day activities in the Global Security Operations Center and oversee, monitor, and guide the daily job performance of GSOC personnel.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Provide timely communications and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/intellectual property, and infrastructure of center and related interests/entities.
- Serve as the hub for the monitoring, analysis, and interpretation of risks and threats that may affect the business and ensure all systems, both hardware and software, are functioning properly, and immediately notify appropriate stakeholders when they are not.
- Perform analysis, planning, and provide direction in order to ensure that the GSOC is delivering maximum value to the business and provide training and develop Standard Operating Procedures for personnel assigned to the GSOC to facilitate effective performance.
- Identify and communicate daily all critical items requiring the attention of senior management and coordinate with Security Operations Managers to provide necessary documentation in support of uniformed guard force activity (e.g., Officer Dispatch, Incident Reporting, etc.).
- Develop a program for maintenance and troubleshooting of software systems with a focus on preventative maintenance and early detection of potential issues and assist in identifying new technologies and upgrades for existing systems.
- Assume full responsibility for identifying and scheduling all appropriate certifications and inspections of the GSOC, its systems, personnel and functions and ensure procedures and protocols are in place that enable the timely and effective response to, and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls and other activities related to the GSOC and its role as a central monitoring station.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable State licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years managing a Security Operations Center, Security Communications Center, security/alarm monitoring center or other closely related operation
- Must have documented work experience with a UL Certified Central Alarm Receiving Station
- Experience supervising personnel and resources for the successful operation of a 911-Center and/or Central Station Operation that is centered around the use of technology
- Work history to include all of the following:
- Ability to prioritize workload based on urgency; able to delegate tasks, and communicate to a range of audiences including to executive management
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance, monitoring of assets, and making rapid notifications via mass communication tools
- Demonstration of strong computer skills (hardware, software & network operations) with the ability to communicate effectively with IT and Security Systems professionals
- Strong diplomacy skills and sensitivity protocol
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting up to 10 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace