General Manager - G4S Guinea
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Line Management
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: UK, Ireland and Africa
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: June 24, 2012
G4S is the world’s leading security solutions group, which specializes in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S is a FTSE 100 listed company and has an unrivalled global geographic footprint. G4S operates in over 110 countries across the globe and employs over 600,000 employees around the world.
G4S operates in over 30 countries in Africa and employs over 100, 000 people on the continent.
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director – North & West Africa, and working with the Company’s management team, the incumbent will be responsible for providing strategic direction and ensuring the profitability of the Guinea business unit. This would include the achievement of operational and financial growth of the business, human resources management as well as sales, marketing and business development. The position will be based in Conakry, Guinea.
- To guide the Company, in terms of the areas of business and the strategies for those areas of business.
- To direct, formulate and / or approve policies and procedures on service quality, pricing and customer relations.
- To direct the Company towards providing an effective, efficient and profitable service.
- To ensure that the correct level of skills, education and experience are identified for management positions and to recruit adequate persons to fill these positions.
- To plan, prepare and monitor the business plan and budget so as to maximise profitability.
- To identify and initiate strategies that will add growth to the business to ensure its long term profitability and survival.
- To maintain close contact with the workforce through key managers to ensure feedback opportunities, the maintenance of good morale and a high standard of staff integrity and honesty. To formulate and / or approve wage increases.
- To maintain a clear communications path to the shareholders so that key issues confronting the Company are promptly identified and kept in focus.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant business qualification preferred.
- Background in security management.
- 5+ years experience in a business and / or operational senior management position.
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills.
- Experience in establishing medium-term growth strategies and strong operating mechanisms for performance.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, marketing and negotiation skills.
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members.
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Experienced in living and working in a professional commercial capacity overseas.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- The ability to operate in diverse cultural environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes.
- Proficient in the ability to understand problems, situations and the reasons behind them, crossing the barriers of languages and cultures.
- Autonomous and results orientated, with a clear determination to succeed.