Deputy Children's Home Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Children's Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
G4S Business Unit:UK - Central Government Services
Closing Date: March 3, 2017
Deputy Children's Home Manager
Salary range : £26,000 - £28,000 per annum dependant on experience
Braidley House, Derby, DE24 0JR
Full-time (40 hours per week - various shifts) plus on-call roster
As a leading provider of residential Children’s Homes in Nottingham, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire and Worcestershire our aim is to empower young people to enable them to make positive changes. We also aim for our young people to enhance their existing skills and develop new ones, improve their educational ability and aspirations for the future.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals who are keen to support and care for young people in the home. Applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest or experience in supporting young people and clear written/verbal communication.
To assist in managing all aspects of the day-to-day running of a residential home within the children’s services, including promoting the safeguarding of the young people’s welfare, and promoting education and diversity to ensure individual needs are meet, in line with Ofsted regulations and company requirements. Participate in the on-call roster in support of the Children’s Home.
- Coach, support and develop staff, including supervision, to maximise their performance and ensure high standards of care, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual and inspection framework requirements are met.
- Liaise with other departments and external agencies to ensure that the young people receive appropriate plans and programmes that meet their needs and the needs of the Contract.
- Assist in the identification of resourcing needs and the ongoing selection, training and development of staff to ensure contractual requirements and relevant standards are met.
- Participate in the risk assessment during admissions process to ensure that the immediate vulnerability and risk of the young person is determined accurately.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture to meet and maintain company and external accreditation standards.
- Demonstrate to young people, through pro-social modelling, the value of education and care, and the ability to develop skills maximise positive behaviour, and transition into adulthood.
- Form trusting, respectful, boundaries, professional relationships with young people, in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and guidance.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed to a high standard, within required timescales and communicated effectively, in order to comply with the Contract and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Support the senior management team in the implementation of development strategies promoting a positive approach to ensure the change process is embraced.
The Ideal Candidate:
- QCF level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Managerial experience within residential care
- Full driving licence
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
- Working towards QCF level 5 qualification
The salary range for this post is £26,000 - £28,000 pa dependant on experience and qualifications.
Other benefits include:
- Staff benefits scheme
- Employer contribution pension
- 4 weeks annual leave and time off in lieu of bank holidays
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Regular supervisions, reviews of career and training needs/aspirations
- Further benefits
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Youth Justice Board and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.