Customer Liaison Officer - Secure Journey
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £4,550 - £5,500
G4S Region: UK, Ireland and Africa
G4S Business Unit:Regulated Security Solutions
Closing Date: July 10, 2012
G4S is the world's leading security solutions group, which specializes in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has an additional stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and more than 635,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 110 000 people on the continent. At G4S Africa, our vision is to be recognized as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognize and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organization which is defined by its values, which are:
- Customer Focus
- Best People
- Collaboration & Teamwork
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values.G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
- Oversees and ensures that the office administrative functions to the Secure Journey business unit
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget including compiling data, making revenue projections
- Monitors and tracks expenditures, ensuring the department remains within approved budget allocations
- Keeps records and reports on divisional activities, transmitting information, developing, implementing and interpreting policies and procedures and monitoring day to day operations of the functional area to which assigned
- Performs a variety of administrative support duties such as negotiating pricing agreements with vendors for equipment, supplies, printing services and office equipment maintenance under established guidelines
- Processes bills and invoices for payment; prepares and transmits a variety of financial documents and maintains records of financial transactions in conjunction with the revenue coordinator
- Provides technical assistance to staff on operational issues such as personnel policies, purchasing, record keeping, training, risk management and contract administration
- Performs project research and report preparation related to the activities of the organizational unit to which assigned; may prepare and update a variety of periodic and special narrative, accounting, database and statistical reports.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls requiring the use of judgment and the interpretation of policies, rules, procedures and ordinances
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, vouchers, work orders, and specialized documents related to the Secure Journey Business Unit
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
- Responsible for attending to customer enquiries through emails and phone calls
- Liaison with customers on their sales enquiries
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Customer service qualification and experience
- At 3 years experience in a similar role in a commercial set up required
- Excellent communication skills including ability to write reports
- Good IT skills
- Ability to achieve results through teamwork and collaboration