Contract Accountant (Maternity Cover)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Insurance/Commercial
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: up to £30,000
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
We are actively recruiting for a Contract Accountant to undertake a maternity cover. The role will be home based but travel to Sutton will be expected for the first couple of months while training is delivered.
G4S is the world's leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. The group is active in more than 100 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 610,000* employees worldwide. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
Working for a company with such a unique global footprint is a truly great opportunity, and one not to be missed. It’s an opportunity to build upon your already well-honed skills and to better understand and learn from the challenges of communicating and engaging with such a diverse workforce.
The Contract Accountant will manage a portfolio of contracts for the business. Working in conjunction with the Operational Manager they will lead in the forecasting and reporting for one or more contracts as well as completing the monthly management accounts.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the main responsibilities include:
- Following the set processes and procedures to produce the management accounts in a timely manner for a number of key contracts
- Ensuring relevant balance sheet accounts are well maintained and properly controlled
- Managing relationships with Business Partners and Operational Manager
- Controlling all inputs to be able to produce accurate and detailed contract P+L’s
- Working closely with the Operational Managers to drive the monthly forecasting process for their contract
- Producing timely and accurate management reporting to support the Operational Managers and Business Partners
- Working to drive efficiencies and Profit Improvement Plans
- Travel, when required, to client sites to work with the Operational Managers.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in contract accounting and will hold or be working towards a recognised accounting qualification. Acting professionally they will have the ability to work with people at all levels and will be proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.