ATM Engineer- Day Shifts - Gloucester
Number of Positions: 2
Job Category: Cash Operations
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Package from £19,326 - £22,024 + night allowance
G4S Region: Cash Division
G4S Business Unit:UK Cash
Closing Date: February 17, 2012
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers for 2010. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
Reporting to the Section/Territory Manager the Single Line Maintenance Engineer (SLME) will be responsible for delivering ATM Engineering Solutions in line with customer SLA’s. This is achieved through ensuring the best quality fix is performed on every SLM visit. SLME’s will be required to adhere to company operational, security and health and safety procedures at all times.
Team Work and Collaboration
- To escalate any work order where the on site time exceeds 45 minutes to your senior engineer or other member of the technical support team where no clear resolution is known
- To escalate any issues affecting your ability to perform better, for example, site issues, note quality / packing / replenishment issues, issues with keys, local branch issues, part /tool / dispatch issues to your Section or Territory Manager for investigation
- To wear the company uniform at all times whilst on duty
- To attend work orders as assigned by dispatch, attending sites in the order which will achieve the best possible fix times against the service level agreement time detailed on the work order
- To update accurate Estimated Time Arrival (ETA) into Personal Digital Assistant’s (PDA) as necessary in order to update our customers
- To inform dispatch via phone of every work order that is to be marked as an exception and / or a chargeable call providing details as required to update our customers
- To complete every work order with the most appropriate closure codes
- To ensure any non contracted work orders are advised as per procedure for invoicing
- To maintain the company vehicle being used is taxed, serviced and kept clean and tidy
- To maintain sufficient boot kit stock levels to ensure no work order is left incomplete due to insufficient boot kit
- To complete the company’s form CSF120 prior to using a company vehicle every time, maintaining full records for audit purposes
- Maintain all company equipment issued in a good condition, reporting details of any damage or loss to your Section / Territory Manager
- To follow all technical instructions issued by a Senior Engineer or a member of the technical support team
This job description will be subject to change in accordance with operational developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Held a current full driving licence for 3 years.
- Able to identify route causes of problems relating to ATM Engineering.
- Able to pass a CRB check either obtained by Disclosure of Scotland or SIA Licence.
- Checkable 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and ID check.
- Prepared to undergo airport style searches.
- Ability to follow laid down instructions.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Previous experience in a driving role.
- Effective at planning and prioritising work to make best use of resources
- Show high attention to detail when making decisions
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Security conscious.
- Hold an SIA licence
- Ability to be available 24/7.